If you want your business to have a presence online (and who doesn’t?), then you’re probably already aware that content marketing is essential. It will raise your profile and drive traffic and sales. But what is a content marketing agency? And why do they exist?
It is possible to do your own content marketing in-house, but it requires a specific set of skills.
For your content marketing to succeed you need the knowledge and expertise to make your content stand out against your competitors’. You also need the time to devote to it. That’s where a content marketing agency can help. Even if you have some of the expertise in-house, it might be easier and more effective to outsource your content marketing.
What Does a Content Marketing Agency Do?
That is to say, our content marketing services complement this strategy by creating and distributing written, graphic, and audiovisual marketing materials. Overall, the aim is to help increase engagement, drive traffic, generate leads, and close sales.
To begin with, we help you determine your business goals for content marketing. Then we use our time, knowledge and resources to focus in on a narrow target audience. Once we intimately understand their challenges, we can produce the content your target audience is looking for.
Our knowledge and experience allow us to:
- Develop a content plan. This provides the road map for what content to produce and when.
- Write content with focus and clarity.
- Understand what content to produce and in what format.
- Know where to post your content to reach your ideal client.
- Produce quality content consistently that excites and informs your audience on a regular schedule.
- Measure the effectiveness of the content you produce.
- Prove the ROI of your content marketing.
In fact, because we have a dedicated team to work on this, it means that we can do it day in, day out. And that’s how you achieve the consistency that gets results.
What Are Content Marketing Methods?
As part of our content marketing services we can assist with a wide variety of content marketing methods including (but certainly not limited to):
- Content curation
- Blog posts
- Case studies
- Email newsletters
- Quote graphics
- And so on!
You can see there’s a lot more to content marketing than just writing blog posts. It goes well beyond blogging.
What Are the Benefits of Content Marketing?
Content marketing is a highly effective form of marketing. Indeed, it can positively impact your business in many ways.
For instance, here are just some of the key benefits that a well-executed content marketing strategy can provide:
- Increases visibility of your brand.
- Develops lasting relationships with your audience.
- Improves brand awareness and recognition.
- Creates loyalty and trust, with both your current customers and prospects.
- Helps you to build authority and credibility.
- Positions your business as an expert in your industry.
- Generates traffic to your site to improve lead generation.
- Opens a channel of communication through social shares and comments.
- Helps your customer move through the purchase decision more quickly.
- Provides value with no strings attached which in turn deepens trust.
Significantly, content marketing provides the right content to potential customers in each stage of the customer journey. From the discovery phase (when they first become aware of you) to the retention phase (where they give you repeat business), you can use content marketing to move customers more quickly and effectively along this journey.
How Effective Is Content Marketing?
Presently, it’s reported that 84% of people expect brands to produce content that entertains, provides solutions and produces experiences and events. So it’s clear that content marketing is a must-have. But what kind of results can you expect to see?
As long as you’re consistent with your content marketing (and consistency is key), you’ll be able to build more relationships with more people. In time, some of those people will become customers. Then some of those customers will become brand advocates, spreading the word about your business, helping you to reach more people. As a result, the impact of your content marketing will grow over time.
In fact, that’s a question we get asked a lot: How much time? How long will it take to see results?
In short, it depends.
However, if you’re after a longer, more detailed explanation, read our previous article on how long it takes to see results from content marketing.
All things considered, what’s the biggest factor in achieving results through content marketing?
Getting started with producing and sharing content, and then keeping at it.
With this in mind, remember that three in four phone users turn to mobile search for an immediate need. So, make sure you’re one of the businesses that they find!
If you’d like to learn more about how you can use content marketing to help your business book a free consultation now.