Using Google Analytics to Track Inbound Marketing Success
Google AnalyticsSet up correctly, Google Analytics can give you a wealth of information and insights. Everything from your website’s performance, to the impact of your marketing strategies. Therefore, it should be your “go to” platform when it comes to analysing how things are working. So, here are a couple of points from my Quora answer that I wanted to share with you.
Setting up Google AnalyticsFirstly, if you are running marketing campaigns, you MUST identify and set up tracking for your conversions:
- What are your conversion metrics?
- Do you sell a product?
- Are you looking for newsletter signups?
- What channels convert for you?
- What adverts bring more people to your site?
- Which landing page or call to action works better?
Tracking with Google AnalyticsIn time, once you’ve established your KPIs you can then use Google’s Campaign URL Builder to track your campaigns, traffic sources and acquisition channels. Even down to which ad brought the traffic to your site. Eventually, you can also set up event tracking on analytics. This can include specifics such as when people:
- click certain buttons on your site,
- fill out a form,
- purchase, or any range of events that you might need.