There’s never a dull moment at Social INK. As a Digital Marketing Agency, specialising in social media and content marketing, we spend all day, every day, creating content for our clients. But that’s not all we do. We also come up with crazy challenges. For June this year, we’re challenging ourselves to post 100 blogs in a month.
[Scroll to the bottom to see the full list of #June100 blogs.]
Why 100 Blogs in a Month?
That’s a very good question and not one that I have a direct answer to. During the course of May, we decided the challenge would be #30DaysOfLive. The challenge was for one of the senior team here at Social INK to go live, every day for 30 days during the course of May.
The month flew by, and something that seemed so daunting at first eventually became something we would miss if it wasn’t part of our daily routine. As such, we’ve decided we’ll be doing more live and video content going forward. But I digress.
The purpose of a challenge (as the title would suggest) is to challenge us. Creating 100 pieces of blog content for ourselves in the space of a month means we need to think differently, plan properly and deliver effectively.
Strategy Comes First
We try very hard to make sure that our content strategy is focused on bringing value to the user. The bulk of what we write is created based on the questions we get asked often, things that we see companies need help with, and from simply asking our audience on social media, especially our All About Digital Marketing Facebook Group.
So when we decided at the end of May that our challenge would be 100 blogs in a month, we realised we better start figuring out what you all wanted to read, otherwise, what’s the point?
How to Come Up with 100 Blogs in a Month
So many people we speak with tell us they don’t know where to start with their blog. They don’t know what to blog about. Wait till you challenge yourself to write 100 blogs in a month and then you start to get a real sense of a lack of inspiration.
But that’s the beauty of this wonderful technological age we live in. You can find inspiration in so many places, not least of all just by looking around you.
Here are some of the ways we’ve come up with ideas:
- The tools we use on a daily basis.
- The daily tasks we all do.
- Social media conversations and trending topics.
- Quora – looking at the questions people are asking.
- Keyword research.
Some of the content you’ll see will be simple updates on what we’re currently doing, and of course, we will also continue to publish case studies and results from other challenges that we’ve recently completed.
What can you do?
When it comes to blogging, social media or just digital marketing in general, you can often feel lost at sea. There are so many tools, platforms, content types, fancy programmes you “need” and skills you might not have yet. Here’s the thing I want to tell you, forget all that!
Focus on one or two things. Use only the tools you currently have (your iPhone for example) and a platform or two that you are familiar with (let’s say Facebook or Instagram). If you use your phone to take photos, then that’s a great start. You already know how to use the camera and you’re ready to start creating basic content.
If you’ve used Facebook for yourself, and you’ve managed to post a pic, with some text, maybe it was the embarrassing photo you took of your friend, then the truth is out. You can do the same for your business. Just sans the embarrassing photos, unless that’s ‘on brand’.
It doesn’t have to be complex
Our challenges are meant for us to push ourselves as a team and as an agency. It’s to showcase what is possible and what can be done to an extreme level. For small to midsized business, we don’t expect you to hit the same marks, but we’re hoping this will inspire you to at least get started.
I mean after all, if we can post 100 blogs in a month, you can surely post one a week right?
Catch up on #June100 here:
- 100 Blogs in a Month: Agency Challenge #June100 (THIS POST)
- Tips on Digital Marketing: Content Marketing Workout Plan
- What Online Community Management Involves
- Is a Digital Marketing Agency Right for Me?
- Why Social Media Matters On Google
- How to Get More Followers on Twitter, and Keep Them
- Why You Need to Monitor Business Mentions
- Social Media Marketing Agency: 8 Things You Need to Know
- Using Facebook Live Video for Business
- 30 Days Of Live Streaming: One Hell of a Challenge
- 12 Free Image Sites to Raise Your Content Marketing Game
- Quitting Social Media Is Not a Lush Life
- What is a Social Media Takeover? – Sparkling Eden Revisited
- What Are Lead Magnets?
- Creative Bio Examples: Make Your Social Media Profiles Pop!
- 5 Monitoring Tools For Businesses
- Generating Leads Online: Where’s the Magic Button?
- Social Media Metrics that Matter
- Why Social Media Marketing Is Vital
- Social Media Audit Benefits: Why You Need One
- Social Media Content Ideas: 5 Quick Ideas That Get Results
- Social Media Audit: How To Do One [Free Template]
- Social Media Video: Why & How To Use It [Free Video Resources]
- Free YouTube Subscribers Are Hiding in Plain Sight
- How to Go Live on Facebook: A Step-By-Step Guide
- Omnichannel Marketing: Its Meaning and What It Means For Business
- Difference Between Marketing and Sales
- Lead Magnets: Tips & Examples to Grow Your List
- Social Media Calendar: 12-Month Template
- Best Instagram Hashtags: A Guide to Finding Your Niche
- HyperGrowth 2019 London Round-Up
- SEO for Small Business: Search Engine Optimisation Basics
- 29 Marketing Terms Defined
- Winning the ‘I Love You Bacon Burger’ Advertising Brief with KFC
- 6 Inspiring Father’s Day Ads and Campaigns in 2019
- Marketing with Twitter: The Essentials
- Common Mistakes in Social Media Marketing
- 20 Social Media Video Ideas for Small Businesses
- Should my website have a blog?
- Free Music For Marketing: Videos, Podcasts, Apps, and More
- Understanding the Content Marketing Funnel
- Highlights From Our Q&A: Saving Time, Content Strategy Tips, the State of Influencer Marketing, and More
- Segmentation in Marketing: What You’re Getting Wrong
- Twitter Bio Ideas for Startups
- Video Marketing Doesn’t Have to Be Expensive or Complicated
- How Much Does a Website Cost?
- One Minute Briefs Benefits
- LinkedIn Updates in June You Might Have Missed
- Community-Building Isn’t Optional Anymore
- Social Media Experts to Follow for Small Businesses
- What People Get Wrong About Online Advertising
- What is E-Commerce?
- Social Media Strategy: Essential Reading
- WordPress Website Maintenance Checklist
- 3 Apps to Make Your Content Better, Stronger, and Faster
- Our Toughest Challenge Yet – 100 Blogs in a Month
- How to Start a Blog
- How to Fix Link Previews (AKA Why Your Links Look Bad on Social Media)
- 6 Free Social Media Tools & 3 Worth Paying For
- Copywriting Matters More than Ever
- 7 Things to Do After You Publish A Blog Post
- Blogging for Business: What Are the Benefits?
- How Long Does It Take to See Results From Content Marketing?
- Social Media Guidelines for Employees
- Marketing Coaching: Your Business Advantage
- What is the 80/20 Rule in Marketing?
- What Is Digital Marketing Consultancy?
- Why Email Marketing Matters: Statistics Every Small Business Should Know
- Event Marketing Plan: How to Prepare and Sell Out Events
- 19 Marketing and Business Podcasts to Build a Great Business
- Why You Should Outsource Social Media Marketing
- Embrace the Channel Mix
- What a Good WordPress E-commerce Website Needs
- Your Website Experience Matters More than Search Engine Optimisation
- How To Build An E-Commerce Website From Scratch
- Award-Winning vs Sales-Generating: What Makes A Good Advert?
- How to Repurpose Content Effectively
- How to Generate Blog Ideas That Will Grow Your Business
- Remote Working Communication Tools for Teams
- Get Started with Email Marketing in 2019
- Social Media Statistics to Answer Your Strategy Questions
- E-commerce Marketing Examples for Inspiration
- Persuasive Techniques: How to Write Engaging Content that Sells
- Traits of a Good Marketer
- How to Beat Social Media Overwhelm
- What is the Marketing Mix?
- Are Your Graphics Legal? A Crash Guide to Licensing
- 5 Lead Magnets You Could Launch in a Weekend
- Digital Marketing Tips for Local Businesses
- How to Start a Blog as a Small Business in 7 Days
- Sell on Social Media at Your Peril
- Content Marketing Ideas: Moving Beyond Blogging
- Questions to Ask Your Marketing Consultant
- Event Marketing Ideas for the Holidays
- Blogging for Marketing: The Impact of Writing 100 Blogs in 30 Days
- Sharing on Social Media Works: Thoughts After #June100
- An Incredible Monthly Challenge: 100 Blogs In June
- Patience and Persistence are Crucial in Social Media Marketing
- SEO Writing Gets Results